Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tech Abuse

As a tech (or an intern), my job is to help the pharmacist do his or her job. My obligations and responsibilities are limited to what they say I can do- some people want me compounding, others don't even like me doing data entry (really? That's pretty basic tech 101). With that being said, techs have the potential to make a pharmacist's day really awesome or really awful. It's not necessarily out of spite! Some are poorly trained, and some are just bad workers. Floater pharmacists should know this better than anyone else. When they walk into a store, they don't know the clientele, front store staff, or general store nuances- it behooves them to befriend the techs to make the day run smoothly. So when a floater pharmacist (who, for the record, is TERRIBLE) treats my little sister poorly and makes her stay 20 minutes late when she knows the poor kid has to get home, do homework, go to sleep, wake up, and get herself to school in a mere 10 hours...well, I don't take too kindly to that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment