Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Thanks and Giving

Today I was talking to a friend who was feeling a bit down in the dumps. I told her when I get down (which is more often than she realized!), I play the thanks and giving game. Think of five things for which I'm thankful, and give a little prayer for five people who have it worse than I do. So here's my five-five of the day:

THANKS
1. Pharmacy school. This often tops the list. I know it's hard to stay motivated now, but it will be worth it when I have my diploma and start school in August.
2. Vacations. I have a great one in the pipeline.
3. My BFF. Eighteen years and still going strong.
4. My sweet BF who hangs out with me at work even though he has to leave for work at 6 AM, drive three hours round-trip every day, and is definitely exhausted when he gets home.
5. The great weather we've been having.
GIVING
1. Aforementioned friend from above.
2. My grandmother, who has a bad case of Alzheimer's. Even though her nursing home is down the street from my school, I'm lucky if I get there once a week.
3. My parents, who have responsibility for said grandmother. It's more work than having a child.
4. A customer at the pharmacy who is 81 and cares for his wife and his handicapped daughter. Breaks my heart.
5. My youngest cousin

So, dear reader, what mini stress busting mechanisms do you use? What would make your thanks-giving list?

No comments:

Post a Comment