Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Musings during break

I've been working a ton the last week and a half, and I fell back into the swing of things pretty quickly. Unfortunately, the more time I spend at my home store, the more I hate it. Since I started working there (early-mid 2008), we've had a ton of staff turn-over. We're up to 8 staff pharmacists in that time, plus a ton of techs. I work in a fairy ritzy suburb with a very demanding client base, and my store consistently does poorly on various customer survey parameters set by corporate. We've tried everything, and very little has helped. The current PIC basically carried out a coup d'etat last year to remove my old boss, and many hailed her as the answer to all of our problems. (The old partner was unwillingly made PIC at another store in May during a big run-around). Surprisingly enough, we still have bad scores. I've made countless suggestions to my fellow techs, to all of the pharmacists, and to our pharmacy and general district managers, and they consistently are ignored. I wouldn't mind half as much if our 38-going-on-12 PIC didn't trash me behind my back to techs and pharmacists who tell me. Don't complain when you treat me like crap and I find hours elsewhere. In general, I really don't mind working  for this company, especially since they have locations everywhere and can be very flexible about hours. Right now, the part-time pharmacist (with whom I work every Friday night) is the only thing keeping me at this store. Let's hope for some changes in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment