Sunday, December 18, 2011

Phone Calls

The company I work for puts out automated calls prompting people to refill or pick up their prescriptions. I'm assuming this lady thought I was a computer...
Me: Hi, I'm calling from the pharmacy, is Emily Post there?
Little Kid: Hold on. Mommy, the pharmacy is on the phone!
Emily Post: Oh. Just hang up.
Click. Guess we won't get your new insurance info, lady.
On an unrelated note, for those in America, PBS is re-broadcasting series (season) one of Downton Abbey this week! It might be my favorite show. I can't wait until the Christmas episode! The second season doesn't air until January here, but my friend and I (clever girls that we are) figured out a way to watch it online when the new episodes aired in Britain in the early fall. It's been so hard not to spoil it for our other friends!

2 comments:

  1. Hey lady! Thanks for following my blog and welcome to the US! I don't know how I feel about the automated pharmacy calls to refill my prescriptions, but I do have a pharmacy crush on RiteAid! Those people always have my refills ready and insurance approved before I even get there. I know this isn't necessarily the place to be gushing about something like that, but it is nice--especially when you're feeling sick--to have competent pharmacy people who just take care of it for you! Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RS- Thanks for the reciprocal follow! I've been a fan of yours for quite a while and hadn't realized I wasn't already following :-)
    This is a great forum for gushing. We love to hear it in any means. I know most people do appreciate us, but we often only hear from the grumpy ones.
    PS- I've actually been an American all along. I've spent most of my life here but fair bit of time there, first with my family for my dad's work and then later on my own trips with friends. I'm looking to go back sooner rather than later while I'm still young enough to do crazy things!

    ReplyDelete